Saturday, September 20, 2008

Where Will the Squirrel's Live?

For anyone who has ever been to our house you know that we had the largest pine tree in the world (okay maybe just on the block) in our back-yard. Every time there was a storm it made me a nervous wreck. You could see it swaying from the skylight in our bathroom. It was definitely destined to be struck by lightning or to fall over surely cutting our house in half. So it was time to have it taken down (whilst Kyle and I were safely away from the house). We were telling Kyle how when he got home from school the tree would be gone and he looked at me as serious as could be and said "Where will the squirrel's live?". I was a little taken aback because I had forgotten about the squirrel nest in the tree (oh yeah and I didn't really care where they lived as long as it wasn't in our yard). Somehow I thought pretty quickly and said the tree guys would climb the tree and tell the squirrels to move out and they would pack up and go to one of the other trees in our back yard. Kyle seemed very satisfied with this answer and it seems that the squirrels are residing nicely in their new accommodations (preferably in another yard).

For the record...there are no pictures of the tree coming down or the aftermath (the really large logs in our front yard) because the new camera had not yet arrived. Brad reports that it was pretty awesome and one guy spent two hours up the in tree cutting down the branches and trunk. I for one was glad I was not around.

Now for something else to worry about.....

No comments: