Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Happy Birthday


Dear Kyle,

Happy 3rd Birthday! I can't believe how quickly it has gone and how much you have grown. I look around at other babies and toddlers and almost can't remember you before you could walk, talk, and have your opinions about things. It is sometimes hard to remember that you are still my little boy when I hear you talk or see you interacting with all the other kids. Sometimes I wish I could freeze time so I could remember every little bit of you.

I love your smile and your laugh. I love how you still give me kisses most of the time I ask for them. I love that you want me to lay with you at night for a few minutes to talk about our favorite things from the day. I love how you think telling me you want to ride your bike will buy you a few extra minutes outside. I love how you want to bargain and reason for things. I love how you listen to me read to you. I love that you want to help with everything and get so excited about it. I love that you get so excited to do things just like Daddy. I love that you lay your bike on its side (even though it has training wheels) just so you can be like the big boys in the neighborhood. I love that you want to dance to the Dinosaur Song before bed and you lay down beside me during the rest part and just look at me and smile. I love that you tell me you love me for no reason. I love your spirit and determination and I love how gentle you are. I love that you hate bugs and even the dead worms squished into the cement worry you. I love how you notice every single little thing that is different in our house even if I have just changed it or moved it. I love how you listen to every word that is being said around you. I love that you love green. I love that you want to wear your socks all the time. I love that you have to know how everything works and what all the words are.

I love you.
Thank you for being a part of my forever.

No comments: