Saturday, November 1, 2008

My Brief Brush With Stardom

Alternate Title: Geeks on Parade
Alternate Title: My Life on the D List

I have proved to myself that I can survive away from my family for 5 days. My family proved to me that they can survive without me for 5 days. I just got back from the Microsoft Professional Developer Conference in Los Angeles. What is that you ask? An exciting developer conference put on by Microsoft with about 97% male developers and 3% (probably generous) female developers. This means that if you are one of the 3%, you attract attention (whether you want to or not). Luckily I was there with 5 other co-workers (surprisingly we are a 50/50 ratio of men to women). We had a really good time and we even had a brush with a celebrity.

Yes folks, that is Vern Troyer (Mini-me). For some random reason he was at the DevExpress booth signing t-shirts. I know he looks very happy - probably because he is wondering what the hell he is doing in the DevExpress booth signing t-shirts. This is my first celebrity photo...I am proud.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good looking. he looks really excited.

Anonymous said...

He was probably like...ooh look at this tall, smart, blonde woman next to me...how did I get to be so lucky. I will sign TWO tee-shirts for her...
-Heather