Sunday, October 12, 2008

Word Police On Parade

Okay, so when we were discussing words "we" shouldn't say, I guess I really should have said they were words Kyle shouldn't say. Now the word police are out in our house in full effect.

Example:
Talking to my neighbor tonight as she was telling me a story I said "Oh my God! What did you do?". Then Kyle chimed in...

Kyle: "Mommy, Mommy, excuse me Mommy"
Me: "Yes sweety"
Kyle: "You said a bad word Mommy"
Me (thinking really hard at what I thought I had last said): "Honey, what did I say?"
Kyle: "You said God"
My Neighbor: Laughing....
Me: "Your right, I should have said oh my goodness"

It is very hard to explain to a three year old, who goes to a Presbyterian school why he should not say "oh my God" but it is okay to say "Thank you God" at school. The religion thing is always throwing me off. I guess I can be thankful that he is at least listening to me when I say there are words we shouldn't say.

No comments: